Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hellister and Hobercrombie

I'm the first to admit, I'm not a huge fan of abercromie / Abercrombie & Fitch / Hollister. I was a big girl when these stores were just Abercrombie and Fitch and yearned to fit into those teeny tiny outfits. (Thank goodness they now make "big" sizes in Abercrombie & Fitch, "average" sizes for Hollister, and reserve the tiny sizes for abercrombie kids).

But seriously. When I came across this job posting today, I couldn't believe it:

Abercrombie and Fitch, abercrombie and Hollister at (omitted) looking for part time employees. There are two positions that we are accepting applications for. The model projects the image of the brand through person style, providing customer service and maintaining presentation standards. The impact team member maintains effectiveness of merchandise flow, filling and presentation standards throughout the store and stockroom. There are no education or retail requirements as you will be trained on site. To apply please stop by whichever location will work best for you and ask to speak to a manager.

I'm sure we've all read about how abercrombie will push the lookers out front but keep the cretins in the back (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082708dnmetabercrombie.4027698.html). But to see it spelled out is amazing.

I'm not gonna lie...I think I might want to look like these models and maybe that's why I'm so upset. But to be so open about it bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment